Our client, a major commercial flooring organization, seeks a Sales Representative to join their team.
- Responsible for the sale of commercial carpet and other sales-related activities within the territory
- Build relationships with commercial interior designers and architects (A&D), flooring contractors/carpet dealers (Dealers) and corporate clients
- Identify sales opportunities through new construction and refurbishing of facilities, offices and other projects
- Provide sales and marketing services in the marketplace including sales calls, supply of marketing materials and support, sales presentations, designer luncheons, etc.
- Manage sales cycles ranging from 2 weeks to18 months
- Move carpet through the sales process which includes specification, bidding, and supplying
- Maintain status and service on job bids and current specifications in order to secure projects that are in process
- Establish key relationships and networking opportunities through customer service activities and through participation in trade and other organizations
- Lifting of architect folders and carpet samples is frequently required with the possibility of weights up to 25 lbs. Some pushing and pulling may be required to move samples and supplies.
- This is a fast-paced and highly competitive, this opportunity will require travel within the Greater Toronto territory (minimal overnight travel required)
- Training will require the Sales Representative to travel to the USA
Skills and Experiences Required
- Strong & proven sales and relationship building experience
- Proven experience selling to the A&D community is a strong asset
- Strong organization skills
- Proven ability to follow a corporate sales process
- Outside sales/territory/time management experience
- Professional communication and presentation skills are required
- Self-confident as evidenced by ability to overcome challenges, difficulties and customer rejection
- Ability to establish and maintain effective customer relationships in all segments and at all levels within organizations
- Self-motivated and driven
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance required
- Ability to work on multiple activities and projects simultaneously